Sunday, April 19, 2020

Spring Walks -19th April 2020

I’m quite enjoying this lockdown on a ‘connecting with nature’ sort of way. It’s given me the opportunity to do more walking as I usually drive to Wintersett.

The best time of the year is spring, and with the lockdown the banks of Anglers country park haven’t been cut by Wakefield council. This is giving wildflowers a chance to flower. This morning I noticed patches of cuckoo flower  

Description

Cardamine pratensis  on the north bank 



The longer grass is also supporting a number of Linnets around the lake



Two Hares were in the back field but wouldn’t let me get too close.




A noticeable increase in Swifts today as they start to trickle in, the bulk will arrive the 1st week of May. So on that note I decided to take the tape off the boxes this afternoon in anticipation for their arrival. 




No comments:

Post a Comment